Stephen Harper's Separation, Alberta-style: It is time to seek a new relationship with Canada is really a must read. It contains some of the following quotes.
1)"Canada appears content to become a second-tier socialistic country, boasting ever more loudly about its economy and social services to mask its second-rate status"
2)"Any country with Canada’s insecure smugness and resentment can be dangerous"
3) "Whether Canada ends up as one national government or two national governments or several national governments, or some other kind of arrangement is, quite frankly, secondary in my opinion"
4) "You've got to remember that west of Winnipeg the ridings the Liberals hold are dominated by people who are either recent Asian immigrants or recent migrants from eastern Canada: people who live in ghettoes and who are not integrated into western Canadian society."
5) "I think we're vastly over-invested in universities. Universities should be relatively small"
6)"Canada is a Northern European welfare state in the worst sense of the term, and very proud of it"
7) "I think there is a dangerous rise in defeatist sentiment in this country. I have said that repeatedly, and I mean it and I believe it."
8) "In terms of the unemployed, of which we have over a million-and-a-half, I don't feel particularly bad for many of these people"
9) "After sober reflection, Albertans should decide that it is time to seek a new relationship with Canada."
10)"Having hit a wall, the next logical step is not to bang our heads against it. It is to take the bricks and begin building another home – a stronger and much more autonomous Alberta. It is time to look at Quebec and to learn. What Albertans should take from this example is to become “maitres chez nous."