The Liberals ability to attack the NDP is basically nil. Any attack on Jack Layton fuels the NDP is on the march narrative and that the Liberals are bleeding left and right. The Liberals need to focus their guns on the Conservatives. They stand a far better chance of being successful and the vast majority of their losses will come at hand the hands of the Conservatives. The NDP are nowhere in the 905. Most important of all the Liberals need to paint the Conservatives not themselves as having lost the most support.
The Liberals need to keep up their attacks on the health front. There is no doubt this has hurt the Conservatives. Second the Liberals need to paint Stephen Harper as once having been an Alberta separatist. This could be accomplished by repeatedly referring to Harper's Separation, Alberta-style: It is time to seek a new relationship with Canada and emphasizing the following quotes.
1) "Canada appears content to become a second-tier socialistic country, boasting ever more loudly about its economy and social services to mask its second-rate status"
2) "Any country with Canada’s insecure smugness and resentment can be dangerous."
3) "We [Alberta] are the only province in Canada keeping pace with the top tier countries in the world. Now we must show that we will not stand for a second-tier country run by a third-world leader with fourth-class values."
4) "It is to take the bricks and begin building another home -- a stronger and much more autonomous Alberta. It is time to look at Quebec and to learn. What Albertans should take from this example is to become "maitres chez nous."
5) "You've got to remember that west of Winnipeg the ridings the Liberals hold are dominated by people who are either recent Asian immigrants or recent migrants from eastern Canada: people who live in ghettoes and who are not integrated into western Canadian society."